The Dubai Design Week Marketplace offered creative and entertaining activities for children of all skill levels from the ages of 5+ throughout the weekend.
Visitors got creative with clay and joined the potter’s wheel experience, learnt the power of natural plant dyes and traditional weaving techniques. Visitors were able to build their own architectural tower with Oli Oli, tried macramé making and honed thier photography skills with Gulf Photo Plus on a design walk. From hands-on painting and Ghaf seed planting, there was something for all interests in a safe and fun environment at the Dubai Design Week Marketplace.
All the activities were conducted by independent designers, creatives and small businesses in the UAE and adhered to strict COVID regulations, sanitisation, and social distancing protocols.
Activities took place on the ground floor of building 9 (opposite Akiba Dori) and were on a first-come-first-serve basis up to a max of 10 participants with no pre-registration required.
Click each activity below for more information:
Pottery: On the Wheel, Hand-Making and Painting
by Touch of Clay
- Touch of Clay, created by passionate potter Mubarakka, is offered drop-in activities for kids. Visitors got creative with clay and joined the potter’s wheel experience, hand-building as well as painting their own piece to take away with them. Great for budding child artists, sensory and motor skill development and self-expression.
by Oli Oli
- Visitors built superstructures and got creative as they put their architectural skills to the test. they decorated their own piece of the structure before climbing through the tunnels and finding the best hiding places.
Traditional Weaving with Natural Dyes
by Loreta Bilinskaite-Monie
- Visitors discovered the power of natural plant dyes, like turmeric and hibiscus and learn traditional weaving techniques from the UAE and Lithuania. They created their own authentic bracelet and their very own crafted figure.
Ghaf Seed Planting
- Children of all ages will get the chance to plant seeds of the UAE’s national tree – the Ghaf – at this free, hands-on activity with Goumbook’s popular Give a Ghaf program.
MAS Paints Hands-on Paint workshop
by MAS Paints
- Explore your creative skills with paint! Mix colours, learn painting techniques, learn about colour trends and create your own beautiful painted art work work to take home with you.
by Gulf Photo Plus
- Explore Dubai Design Week at d3 with this hands-on photo walk! You will rediscover Design through the textures, shapes, colours, line and pattern, as we hunt for unique photo opportunities that create visual impact and tell stories.
D.I.Y Drop-In Activities
by Dubai Jiggy and Engulf Art
- Various drop-in activities for children ages 5 to 10 during the weekend at Dubai Design Week hosted by Dubai Jiggy and Engulf Art.
- Activities include: DXB Embroidery, D.I.Y Customised Face Masks, Wire Portraits, Cardboard Snake Knitting, Woven Pendants, Jar Cozy Macrame.